Sunday, July 3, 2011

A small setback but still moving forward

My original flight got canceled due to a grève (strike) in Tahiti, but it finally gave me a moment to reflect upon the journey in which I am embarking. In the flurry of packing, working, and remembering to cross everything off my To-Do lists it hasn’t given me much time to process that I am actually heading off to a beautiful island that I have anticipated visiting for quite some time to do what I love most, scuba diving! For efficiency, we ended up driving down to Los Angeles anyway, getting a hotel, checking our bags in, and receiving our boarding passes. We will be departing today and spending the night in hotel in Tahiti before we take a boat to Moorea the next day. I’m so excited! I think yesterday may have been the only day I’ve used my French that much since I lived in Paris. It feels so good to reconnect with something I worked so hard to learn. First impressions to come..

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete