Friday, July 1, 2011

It begins...

To my disbelief, I will be leaving tomorrow to the island of Moorea to work as a research diver tagging corals! After spending my senior year in highschool in Paris, France, I decided that I would like to become scuba certified and pursue the career path of a Marine Biologist. Among my writings in my journal that I kept while in France, I listed one of my dreams was to spend some time in French Polynesia. About five years later, my dream is coming true! I feel incredibly fortunate to have been granted this experience and I look forward to what my new adventure will bring...

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful Moorea is from a seaward view. I is just as I remembered when entering from the sea--quite extraordinary. I noticed that only the women were taking dance lessons. Were you learning the Tamure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Andrew! It looks like you finally figured out to post, but you put it on the first one instead of the last one. Oh, well. I guess the guys just didn't have enough courage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will try to do better from now on. I really didn't read what dance you were learning. If it was the Tamura, I am impressed.

    Acien Marin

    ReplyDelete