Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Arrived to Tahiti!

Last night after a surprisingly pleasant 8 hour flight I arrived in Papeete. The first thing I noticed when I got off the plane was the heat and humidity. Because our flight got switched around we arrived after the last ferry to Moorea left, so we ended up staying the night on Tahiti. I had a view of the harbor and a busy street below. We did however make a quick outing and I had two types of some of the freshest raw fish ever for dinner coupled with the famous beer of Tahiti, Hinano. The symbol for Hinano, or “beautiful woman” is found all over Tahiti. Afterward, Olivette and I took a walk around the harbor where I saw people fishing with just a simple line off the docks. Overall I was glad to have arrived and still excited for the next day’s adventures and I find the Polynesian people to be very friendly and welcoming.

1 comment: