Sunday, July 31, 2011

Joie de vivre








I still find Moorea incredibly beautiful and I absolutely love it. It has taken some time to experience the culture here as I am often working, but my opportunities to do so have left me with the most positive impressions. Everything is very open, free and laid back. I am just as relaxed as when I first arrived here, and I continue to enjoy living in the moment. My days consist of waking up around 7:30 and setting up our scuba gear, riding in the boat to one of our research sites, making two or three long dives installing coral markers, and returning to rinse gear in the evening. Putting the markers in is now second nature and since it is so ingrained, sometimes when I close my eyes I see epoxy and corals. I love being able to spend so much time underwater and experience the island. On the weekends we usually go out dancing or to other social gatherings. I laugh often and really enjoy the company of the group of people here at the station. Overall I am very happy and loving life!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to learn that you're having such a exciting time. How are you ever going to deal with such a humdrum life when you get back to California. You really look too happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brie!!! I don't know how to use this very well but I wanted to try anyways and tell you how incredible you are!! These pictures are amazing and your experience sounds like a dream come true. Love you!! -Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the first picture with the umbrella in the background. Actually all your photos are amazing. So proud of you. Aunt Marquita

    ReplyDelete