Monday, August 22, 2011

Dive photos!

The morning Z-Spar

About to leave the dock

If you look closely you can see the back of a whale in this photo








Today we took a camera down to document one of our final dives on the project. To date, we have tagged 4,512 corals! One of the other assistants went to work at the French lab on the island for the next few weeks before he goes back to France and things are winding down. I only have about 10 more days at the station now and will spend them entering data and working on other projects. Then I am off to Huahine and Tahiti before I return to California!



1 comment:

  1. I particularly enjoy the photo of a sailboat on the horizon framed by the setting sun. However, your underwater shots are also quite interesting. I would imagine that is my friend the local octopus who has cramed itself into the rock formation.

    ReplyDelete